Audrey Hepburn Sweater
September 18, 2011 § 2 Comments
And … I LOVE it. I somehow convinced Ramon to help me take a photo like the inspiration, and I must give him kudos on his photography skills and patience
Using hardy any yarn (approximately 980 yards) I flew through this project. And, as I used Northhampton in Fawn, from Webs, this entire project cost lest than $20. I must admit that I like the yarn a lot more now that it is made. I thought that it would irritate my skin with itchiness more, but it doesn’t! I have fairly sensitive skin, though, apparently less sensitive than I thought.
- As previously mentioned, I knit the Cast On Edge into the end of the collar to avoid sewing it once the sweater was completed.
- I kept it with the ease as specified in the pattern, but my gauge was a little short in rows. I added one extra waist decrease and on the flip-side, one extra waist increase, as well.
- I added one extra pattern repeat on the sleeve as hem
I love this project, and I would love to do it again. I actually worked my way through almost the entire body in one afternoon, and I am really enjoying my new continental knitting style skills. The sleeves took about 2 hours a piece. This sweater is an amazing addition to my wardrobe, and I have a feeling it is going to get a lot of use.